Habitat for Humanity of Washington, D.C. & Northern Virginia’s Car Donation Program helps support families in the National Capital Area.
Cars for Homes makes it quick and easy to donate a car to help local families–right here in your communities–to become homeowners. Your donation may also be tax deductible.
Top Rated Vehicle Donation Program by Forbes!
We’re proud that Forbes listed Habitat for Humanity as a top vehicle donation program in the United States! The list was based on the efficiency and impact of our vehicle donation program. This means each dollar from your vehicle donation will make an even greater impact right here in our community!
Why should I donate my car to Habitat DC-NOVA?
- 100% of net proceeds from the sale of your vehicle will directly fund Habitat DC-NOVA and help local families here in our communities.
- Your vehicle donation may qualify for a tax deduction.
- It’s fast and easy. Learn more about how vehicle donations work.
How do I donate my car?
You can donate your car in 3 easy steps:
- Start your donation online by navigating to our donation wizard, or call our hotline: 1-877-277-4344
- Our team will ask about your vehicle, including the make, model, vehicle identification number (VIN) and current mileage.
- When your vehicle is accepted, schedule a day and time for us to pick it up.
What paperwork do I need to donate my car?
- Habitat will require a Certificate of Title in order to donate your car.
- To complete your car donation, transfer your title by entering the name of the agency that processes our car donations, ADVANCED REMARKETING SERVICES in the buyer/purchaser field. Then, PRINT and SIGN your name in the seller/owner field EXACTLY as it appears at the top of the title.
What kind of vehicles can be donated to Cars of Homes?
- Recreational vehicles
- Farm equipment
- Construction equipment