Susanne Slater, President & CEO of Habitat for Humanity of Washington, D.C. & Northern Virginia (Habitat DC-NOVA), held our first virtual town hall to share organizational updates and details of future projects.
We plan to host at least two town halls per year to share updates and dive deeper into aspects of our work including sustainable building and affordability. Sign up to receive email updates and learn about future events.
We also held a lunch & learn with our partner Home Care Partners about home repairs and modifications to support seniors aging in place. View the recording.
- With our merger in 2022, Habitat NOVA Executive Director, Jon Smoot, retired, and Susanne Slater was named President & CEO of the expanded service area, which includes DC, Arlington County, Fairfax County, and the Cities of Alexandria, Falls Church, and Fairfax.
2023 In Review
2023 is our first full year of working towards our goal of serving 1,000 families by 2023.
- We completed 3 homes in Alexandria and held a dedication in October. All three of the families are currently closing on their homes and will be moving in soon.
- We will be completing 8 townhomes in DC early next year. We are currently accepting applications for these homes.
- We completed 60 home repairs for seniors and adults with disabilities through our partnership with DC’s Safe at Home Program and TruBlue Total House Care of Vienna.
- Our Women Build Campaign raised over $500,000 and had more than 50 volunteer groups join us.
- Our ReStores raised over $500,000 to support our mission last year.
Thank you to our major partners: Northern Virginia Regional Commission, Morgan Stanley, Van Metre Companies, Amazon, The J. Willard & Alice S. Marriott Foundation, the Diane and Norman Bernstein Foundation, Freddie Mac, and many more!
We have over 70 homes in our pipeline between now and 2026 and are continuously adding more. Learn more about our current and future projects listed below.
- Skyland Townhomes – 8 townhomes are currently being built and will be part of the Douglass Community Land Trust. We will be hosting an open house on December 9th, and we invite you to join us!
- Belleview Condo Renovation – Completed early 2024
- Reeves Farm House – a historic renovation and addition of a farm home to become a group home for individuals with disabilities. This project is in partnership with L’Arche and Home Aid National Capital Region.
- Glebe View Townhomes – 10 townhomes in City of Fairfax in partnership with Fairfax Presbyterian Church, Home Aid National Capital Region, and Homestrech.
- Deanwood Homes- 17 passive homes that will break ground in 2024 in partnership with the Douglass Community Land Trust.
- Continue to grow our home repair program to increase the number of home repairs completed.